Xdebug plugin not installing in workspace

xdebug
laravel
php

#1

I’m back… I guess I’ll just keep asking questions until someone from C9 gives me some attention.
I’m still trying to get an xdebug runner functioning properly in my laravel 5.5 workspace.
I did install xdebug per conventional means, and configured it as I would normally in a “standard” environment, but after I attempted to start the runner I got an error stating that I hadn’t installed the cloud9 xdebug plugin, this:

Cool! Only one step away from success! A simple install and… oops, not so fast.

Script from this github indicates this:
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install -y php5-dev
> sudo pecl install xdebug
> sudo mkdir -p /etc/php5/mods-available
> echo "; Xdebug extension installed by Cloud9
> zend_extension=xdebug.so
> xdebug.remote_enable=1
> " | sudo tee --append /etc/php5/mods-available/xdebug.ini
> sudo php5enmod xdebug

hmmm, looks suspiciously like php5 while I’m using php7, but I asked if it’s compatible… someone answering from that github assured me it was…

get to the 3rd line of the above script and this happens:

karlkras:~/workspace $ sudo pecl install xdebug

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in Role.php on line 173

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: installable in Role.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in Role.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in Role.php on line 46

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in PEAR/Command.php on line 249

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Command.php on line 249
XML Extension not found
karlkras:~/workspace $

could someone please help me get this thing installed?


#2

Sorry my comment may have been misleading. The plugin itself works, but the script example in the readme is for php5.

I did install xdebug per conventional means

this should be enough to use cloud9 debugger.
Could you share your workspace with me (my email is harutyun@c9.io), that way it may be faster to debug the issue


#3

Hey, thanks. Invite should be on its way.
Oh, also, if you hit the /phpinfo route, you’ll see the current configuration.


#4

I have created a new runner like this:

{
    "script": [
        "php7.1 artisan serve --port=8080 --host=0.0.0.0"
    ],
    "selector": "^.*\\.(php|phar)$",
    "info": "Running PHP script $file",
    "working_dir": "$project_path",
    "debugger": "xdebug",
    "debugport": 9000,
    "env": {
        "XDEBUG_CONFIG": "idekey=cloud9ide remote_host=localhost remote_port=9000 remote_mode=req"
    }
}

and it worked.


Xdebug errors after update to PHP7
#5

Thanks. So what did my last one look like? Or, more importantly, what’s the difference between the two?


#6

@harutyun
Hey again… well I see the runner, and I run it. However if I go t preview the web page it appears that nothing is running. What am I missing here?


#7

@harutyun
so, when you say “work”, what exactly do you mean? because I’m getting proxy issues when attempting to run my site now?


#8

it worked as in stopped on breakpoint and showed the page.
But it seems there is a bug in php debugger.
Could you please run the site the old way for now, i’ll try to fix the debugger bug asap


#10

so when I perform a normal run, the process is still echoing back that the xdebug plugin isn’t installed. Not that I intend to use it when running the standard PHP Apache run target, but thought maybe this had something to do with the problem.


#11

Hi, any traction on this? I noticed that there were some reported debugging issues in the aws cloud9 ide too.
Any connection?


#12

Aws debugging issue is different, the fix for php debugger issue is in a pull request now and likely will be deployed on monday.


#13

Hi @harutyun,
so was this pulled in yesterday?


#14

yes, this was deployed yesterday https://github.com/c9/core/commit/6cdaa6323059efe69e6ea55bd87b820a80c97948.
And i tested it on the workspace you shared with me with New Laravel XDebug.run.
Please let me know if you see any new issues with it.


#15

Looks like it’s functioning, yay! It still throws this warning on startup:

Starting Apache httpd, serving https://laravel-again-karlkras.c9users.io/.
Warning: can't enable debugging because xdebug plugin for php is not installed.
see https://github.com/c9/c9.ide.run.debug.xdebug for details.

but other then that, good news!


#16

That message can be shown if you are using apache runner instead of the Laravel runner


#17

Sorry, don’t understand. My attempt to install the plugin from https://github.com/c9/c9.ide.run.debug.xdebug failed so I’m not sure why this is a thing.
Also, the message more then implies that the debugger isn’t working when in fact it is.
Can’t code be added to suppress this?