Workspace public/cors? issue

workspace
nodejs
angular

My workspaces are set to public. Friday I was having no issues, this morning I’m consistently getting error messages while testing my angularjs webapp.

XMLHttpRequest cannot load
No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.
The response had HTTP status code 405.

It was happening in 2 of my workspaces, but one seems to be working 70% of the time, and the other is giving me errors 100% of the time. I’m not sure if this is related to the incident report from this morning but I’m not the only dev having these issues. 2 other separate devs I know that use C9 are having the same issue with the same consistency.

Same problem here. Website says it was resolved yesterday but not for me.

I’ve only been using C9 for about a week and just starting to do some testing on code that involves CORS request. I just discovered that I’m having this same issue.

@ryanmcquilkin @mfossel Sorry I didn’t see this community post earlier. There was a bug with our apps proxy that was causing requests to be sent to the wrong port when running 2 apps on different ports at the same time. This was fixed on Friday August 26th.

@mattcollier This is probably unrelated to the issue the others were facing. CORS is a common problem when running your web app on multiple ports and you’ll need to set some headers and change some server config to make these requests work. Here’s some posts on Stack Overflow that should help you out: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/cors?sort=votes&pageSize=50