Wordpress development/migration on chromebook: transferring site to client

wordpress

Hi everyone, first off, apologies if this is a duplicate post. I am new to the Cloud9 community. As primarily a front-end designer/freelancer, I am somewhat unfamiliar with the advanced features of Wordpress, and how they fit into this platform, although I have a basic understanding of php.

For all intents and purposes, my workflow will be limited to the chromebook/chrome OS platform. I am wondering how to transfer a site to a client, once work is completed. Effectively, handing over the keys, site and all. My ideal scenario is to build sites on C9 and then give them to clients to deploy on a host of their choice. How would I go about this? I would need a development space for me, with the ability to customize themes, etc. which your platform seems to offer, but then what? How to I give copies of these sites to clients? All tutorials I have seen seem to work on the assumption you are using a localhost server on windows. Unfortunately, chromebooks are limited to browser only work (which is what brought me here). There was a post in the community mentioning the use of CPanel and database migration. Is that a separate process? It appears the Wordpress workspace has integrated several steps into one package, am I missing something?

Sorry for the long post, I realize I might be missing lots of information, but I am not used to working with back-end languages. Thanks in advance for all help/feedback!

Perhaps find some kind of SQL console extension for Chrome that lets you move data from one DB to another?

I use cPanel database migration often to move websites. And another way I can think of (mind you I’m not on a chromebook) is to:
When it comes time to save the sql file on firefox on windows a dialog will pop up asking me if I want to save or open this file. IF you could open it. You could copy and paste it’s contents into something else?

I myself have considered a chromebook because of the low cost but rejected them for this issue: Can’t download or install anything. After a little shopping I realized that they aren’t actually cheaper, they are just tiny!
I bought a used windows laptop for $111 on ebay. works for 6 months now, even has a SSD. I’m using it now. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Thanks for the ideas texxs. I am pretty much confined to a Chromebook for now, but I will see what I can find. Like I mentioned I am not entirely familiar with how cPanel works at this point. As I deal mainly with front-end design, I haven’t done much at all with databases. I might be able to dual boot a linux installation and use a localhost setup that way, but I would like to have my whole workflow contained in Cloud9 somehow…

Sad thing is, I find Chrome OS does everything I could need EXCEPT this… I just got so tired of dealing with Windows software, and ended up saving tons getting a Chromebook.

I notice there are some companies that offer a “one click install” hosting plan for Wordpress. Not sure if this is the right solution, but could I somehow just export a finished site (DB and all) from Cloud9 and have a hosting company deal with the rest?

Just for reference, I found this, which also may work: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-deploy-a-WordPress-project-from-Cloud9-to-my-own-server

It mentions some steps which may be integrated into the Wordpress workspace now, but I am not sure.

Anyway, thanks again for your time and help!