What workspace type to use with Bootstrap?

Hi,

I’m new to the whole C9 world and am just trying to figure out what project type I should be using?

any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Looks like you’re probably looking for this:

Let me know if you have any further questions from there and I can clarify.

You probably want to create a HTML5 project for bootstrap development.

I think that creating a mobile website would be a better choice for me, given that I just begin to establish my web presence. I got a premium Bootstrap website theme from http://www.templatemonster.com/properties/features/bootstrap-templates/ for my local business website. I’m trying to use Bootstrap with Cloud9 IDE but all of the tutorials use standard text editors to access the Bootstrap dist files. Any help would be awesome. Another question I have is how can I actually test run it on different browser platforms before it goes public?

I’m trying to use Bootstrap with Cloud9 IDE but all of the tutorials use standard text editors to access the Bootstrap dist files. Any help would be awesome.

The editor usually doesn’t matter. What problems do you have with “access the Bootstrap dist files”?

Another question I have is how can I actually test run it on different browser platforms before it goes public?

You run it on a server of your choice - which can also be done on your local machine and not via Cloud 9. The easiest option for you, would be probably just to hit the “Preview” button for your index.html. Use the link to open it in the browsers of your choice.