What do I do next?

Hey everyone, for some reason I have been having a hard time trying to get my HTML website from c9 to my web host. I follow some many individuals advice on how to do this and still nothing works. I have connected to server per FTP mount but not sure what to do next. The instructions said to open a terminal in the mount and cp the files but I tried this and it still did not work. Was I suppose to create a new directory , then transfer the files or just transfer the files by themselves? Second how do I transfer all the files I have in the one folder over? I look at the cp docs and still not clear on this process. Here is a look at what I am looking at.

Any help would be great. I have been fighting this for three weeks now. Thanks

Click the little arrow for your resume directory, simply drag and drop the files into the mounted folder. This will only work if you have write permissions to the server you’re connecting to in the first place.

You can also try cp -r -v ~/workspace/resume_website/* ~/mounts/marcusrshipmaninfo/

Depending on how the server you’re using to host the site is setup will depend on what folders you need to drop the files into.

Thanks jms1989, I tried the suggestions you gave. I tried the code you gave me as well and still nothing. so what I did was click onto file and click on upload local files. This is what I got

I am not sure if this is working. As you see in the lower left , it is downloading but I have done this before and got no results. Any suggestions would be great.

Because you did it wrong and I assumed the destination would go directly to whatever folder is meant for your web server, not the server’s root directory, and that the contents of your resume_website folder had the web code you wanted to host.

Please make sure the mounted folder goes directly to the folder for your web server. The configuration varies but on some systems this can be /var/www. Properly configured systems will place the folder under each user’s home folder. I don’t know where it would be for your server so that’s up to you.

This should work provided everything is configured properly.
cp -r -v ~/workspace/resume_website/berg-1.6/HTML_Template/* ~/mounts/marcusrshipmaninfo/

The ~ is a shortcut for the home folder, in this case, /home/ubuntu.

I honestly don’t know what you’re trying to do with the uploader. All that does is upload what files you choose to the selected folder on the workspace and possibly a mounted site.