When I change user settings it doesn’t get saved the next day when I continue working in the editor. Is this default behavior? How can I make it save the user settings permanently?
are all settings being reset or only some of them? are they saved when you reload the page right after changing the setting? Do you use cs50 ide?
I’m not sure if it’s all settings, I do however still have the same problem. It’s saved until I work on C9 again the next day. I’m using C9.io.
Could you try opening the ide, changing a setting (e.g. the theme), then reloading the page, does the setting you have changed revert back to the default value?
There are several things that you can check to help us to find the issue:
- Are there any errors displayed in the browser console?
- Which browser do you use?
- Do you have multiple instances of c9.io open at the same time?
- Do you have reset= in the url?
- Could you record a screencast, with browser devtools open?
I have the same problem, specifically with Code Folding. See answers in bold
- Are there any errors displayed in the browser console? No
- Which browser do you use? Chrome
- Do you have multiple instances of c9.io open at the same time? No
- Do you have reset= in the url? No : https://c9.io/swayman01
- Could you record a screencast, with browser devtools open? If you provide specifics of what you want. Not much to see.
What do you mean by having reset= in the url?
Ie if I want the new user settings to be saved do I have to insert reset= into the URL?
I ask this because I turn ON “Code Folding” <in User Settings/Code Editor(ACE)> but when I reload the page
“Code Folding” is turned off. There seems to be no “Save Changes” button? Is “reset=” relevant to my problem? If it is please describe further what I need to do in this regard.
Do you use cs50 workspace? i think cs50 modifies some of user settings