Unable to start the server

I have been using the system for over a year now and I am having a completely new issue when trying to start the server. Update: It seems the gem axlsx is causing it (I can start the server with this commented out of the gemfile) I still do not know why though and need help, please

The command I am using (and have always used) is " rails server -b $IP -p $PORT". The error I get is as follows:
bin/rails:6: warning: already initialized constant APP_PATH
/home/ubuntu/workspace/horsestud_app/bin/rails:6: warning: previous definition of APP_PATH was here
Error: Command ‘-b’ not recognized
Usage: rails COMMAND [ARGS]

In case the server wasn’t completely shut down I tried the command “fuser -n tcp 8080” so that I could use the “kill” command, but get the message
Cannot stat file /proc/11713/fd/10: Stale file handle

Can someone please help?

Thanking you in advance,

You could try restarting your workspace entirely, and trying again and see if you still get the error.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did do this - several times, but it does not help. This has something to do with the axlsx gem since I can start it with this gem commented out, I want the gem so need to figure this out. Thanks.

From the gem documentation, it seems you should take a look at this if you are using Rails.

Yes, you are right. I had all three gems in my gemfile:
#gem ‘axlsx’
#gem ‘axlsx_rails’
#gem ‘acts_as_xlsx’

Acts_as_xlsx requires axlsx_rails which requires axlsx. So I was working my way down them to see which caused the server start-up issue and it failed with the first - axlsx.

I just read my last response and it reads as if I have resolved the issue, which I have not. I cannot restart the server with these gems in the gemfile. Any help would be appreciated.