When inviting students we tend to get 1 in 50 students who receive the “Credit card panel on signup”, i have provided you some scenarios with solutions that work for us.
If some students are receiving the credit card during the sign up:
- Window users “Control + F5” to hard refresh their browser cache
- Mac users “Command + R” to hard refresh their browser cache
- Incognito doesn’t seem to resolve this issue, so i recommend telling them to hard fresh their cache
- This is also a solution to a very common issue we have on campus whilst teaching that student code is not updating in the preview view, 97% of the time this has nothing to do with Cloud9 we found that it was the browser hitting a set cache limit and not updating anything after that until a hard refresh was done by the student.
- Depending on your schools setup, we see within a class every 30minutes students require to do a hard cache refresh.
- not recommended however students can disable cacheing via developers tools -> network -> disabled cache.
If all your students are receiving the credit card during the sign up, then you are most likely doing something wrong please take a look at the guides below.
Cloud9 Setup Guides, i have included both Administrator and Student setup guides we use at RMIT University.