Too many redirects with multiple ServerAliases

Hello!

I’m trying to develop site with multiple domain. It’s a Drupal7 site with domain access module.

I can access main domain with the url c9 created for me. However, when I try and access other modules, I get Apache’s redirect error, like so:

I’ve sorted this kind of errors previously, but am pretty new to c9 so I’m not that confident with this one.

Cheers,

Janne

Oh, and I have configured my apache vhost config like this:

DocumentRoot /home/ubuntu/workspace
ServerName https://${C9_HOSTNAME}:443
ServerAlias https://domainname.fi:443

Afaik c9 doesn’t support any type of custom domains to the workspace. So using a multi domain is not an option with c9.

Additionally, it looks like you’re forcing it to port 443, which won’t work. I’m not sure what this config looks like when you first create the workspace but I’d just let Apache be Apache since it’s configured well straight out of the box :wink:

Additionally, it looks like you’re forcing it to port 443

Yeah, I tested all kinds of things with the apache config. Plus this setup doesn’t interfere at all with normal operation. Ie, everything is working, apart from the multiple domains

but I’d just let Apache be Apache since it’s configured well straight out of the box

Configured well? Up to the fact that no multi domain virtual hosts are possible?

I feel that this isn’t that big of an issue, and server aliases should work straight from the box. I can’t see any reason this NOT to work.

Unless someone can give me technical details as to WHY this isn’t possible…

Oh, and edit. For my development workflow, this is an deal-breaking-sized issue. I absolutely need multiple server aliases to work for c9 to be any use for me.

I’m looking for a solution for this too. Have an Yii application, with frontend and backend folders. Each one must have its own way of accessing it. I mean, they are on the same level, one is not inside the other like a module or so.

I tried to replicate the phpmyadmin apache config, where it uses a /phpmyadmin in URL to access it, but no luck.

Any ideias?

See How to host multiple websites in one server for an example of using subdomains with node