Text Editor Won't Show More Than One Line In Google Chrome

workspace

#1

This issue does not exist in Firefox. I never ever use Firefox but I guess C9/Amazon decided today was the day.

Logged into my account today and noticed changes were made to my IDE.

I can only see the first line of my files when I open them in the editor. (https://imgur.com/a/fH50aOe)

I tried the following already:

  • ?reset=1 This destroyed my preferences and also did not solve the problem
  • refresh the page, hard refresh the page

Any tips? Thanks in advance


#2

Is this affecting all of your workspaces or just the one? Does this persist if you open another pane in the IDE?


#3

Affects both my hosted instance and my SSH instance.
In Safari, the problem is reversed, the code editing window is full size, but the console will only show 1 or 2 lines at a time.

UPDATE: I was on version 66, upgraded to 67, not seeing the problem anymore, forgot to verify right before updating, but either way, problem resolved.


#4

using chrome on a chromebook - the editor shows only one line -
I think it’s a font size issue

I was able to ?reset=1 to fix it; and can change the font size, but
after a reload, or any re-access, the ‘single line’ error occurs again


#5

I have this same issue on chrome on a Mac


#6

Seeing same issue on Chrome OS. Makes c9 totally unusable since I only have Chrome to work on. Please fix.


#7

I’ve sent a report to premium support. Hope this gets fixed soon as it’s a full stop work issue.


#8

Issue is still happening intermittently for me in Chrome. I work around this issue by creating a separate pane where the terminal normally shows up. This is really disheartening to see from a text editor… I am struggling to even see my own text :laughing:

c9 devs/staff, thanks for your attention to this issue.


#9

I found a terribly hacky workaround. If you inspect the page and find the div class="editor tab " then you can change the min-height to something like 900px. It’s set at 60px right now. That will make it larger and seems to be working for the moment.
Seriously hope this gets fixed ASAP.


#10

Refreshed my browser this morning and the issue seems to be resolved - shout out Tye for probably solving this one for c9 :+1:


#11

Still experiencing this issue intermittently across various SSH workspaces in Chrome.