Supported Browsers

In order to use Cloud9 with full functionality, you’ll want to make sure you’re using a supported browser. The following is a list of supported browsers and unsupported browsers:

Supported Browsers

• Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox

Unsupported Browsers

• Internet Explorer
  • Edge
  • Safari
  • Opera
  • PS3 browser
  • mobile Chrome (Android)
  • mobile Safari (iOS)

Troubleshooting browser issues

If you’re using one of the supported browsers listed above and still having issues with a certain feature, here are some things that could be causing issues:

• Your browser. Consider trying another supported browser just to see if that’ll help.
  • Your browser extensions. Consider opening a window where no extensions or plugins are enabled. (Incognito window, Private browsing etc.)
  • Your network, firewall, etc. Consider trying it on a different network.
  • Your machine (browser cache, etc.) Consider clearing your cache or trying it on a different machine.

If you’re seeing issues after trying all these things, make sure to open up your browser console and take a screenshot of the web page and the browser console, including any errors or messages that are showing up there. Include this screenshot and any other info in a topic or report you make about the issue.

If you have questions or comments about a certain browser then mention it here and it can be added to the list.

Page cannot be displayed
Nothing is working!
Using tilde and backslash in C9 terminal
How to reveal Tab in File Tree?
None of the UI elements work on the IDE

Chrome and Firefox make up the majority of the market. Thanks for providing this good support!

When will other browsers be added, like Edge, or IE11, or Vivaldi?

Thanks,
metabolic

I’m not aware of any timetables for other browsers so I can’t even give an educated guess :confused:

Edge works, but we don’t have automated tests running on it, and don’t manually test it, so it is not officially supported.
Chrome or Firefox based browsers (like Vivaldi, Opera, Pale Moon) work.
IE11 is unlikely to be supported.

I know you hate IE11, and so do I, but can you enable your environment to at least allow access from us stuck on this legacy browser due to corporate limitations outside of our control? At the moment, when clicking on “Open” the next window gives a “This page can’t be displayed” error message. Everything else on cloud9 seems to work ok.

A post was split to a new topic: Using Vivaldi, keyboard shortcuts execute browser shortcuts instead of IDE commands