Suddently unable to push to any remote repositories

ssh
bitbucket

When I attempt to push to bitbucket, I get this error:

ssh: connect to host bitbucket.org port 22: Connection refused
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

When I attempt to push to Heroku, I get this error:

fatal: unable to access ‘https://git.heroku.com/[name of heroku project goes here].git/’: Failed to connect to git.heroku.com port 443: Connection refused

I have several projects in the same workspace, and they all suddenly have this error, even projects that I haven’t worked on in a while. The default SSH key on my Cloud9 account doesn’t appeared to have changed, so it still matches the key listed on BitBucket and Heroku.

My preliminary searches on Google, BitBucket, and StackOverflow suggest that it might be a firewall issue from the development environment, though I believe in those cases, the users were just on laptops, and not on a site like Cloud9.

This seems to have suddenly popped up while I was largely away from developing over the holidays. Any thoughts on where I should start looking to resolve the issue? If it’s just a temporary update error or something similar that will go away in a few days, I do not have a major issue waiting.

Hi,

Thanks for writing in about this. I’ve forwarded the issue to one of our engineers to investigate and we’ll update you as soon as we have a resolution for this.

Sorry for the inconvenience here.

Regards,
​Mutahhir

The issue should now be resolved. Please let me know if you’re still experiencing issues.

Regards,
​Mutahhir

Appears to have been fixed. I was able to push to BitBucket and Heroku.

Thanks!