Suddenly WordPress showing some strange error

Hi

I am working with the workspace by the name “pm” and using it from long time but suddenly getting this error

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/ubuntu/workspace/wp-includes/update.php on line 302 Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/ubuntu/workspace/wp-includes/update.php on line 466 Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/ubuntu/workspace/wp-includes/update.php on line 122

I am unable to browse themes and plugins…

Let me know what can be done here to get it ressolved

Thanks
Priyanshu

This sounds like it could have something to do with the way your Wordpress is configured. You’ll probably want to check out the Wordpress forums for this one. Please post updates here if you find a solution or not.

I did searched wordpress forums and found on solution but for that I need to add this line in the hosts file

66.155.40.202 api.wordpress.org

but unable to do so. Is it possible to edit the hosts file.