workspace

Unable to access your workspace
/home/***/.c9/node/bin/node
ssh process died with exit code 255
Permission denied (publickey).
/usr/bin/nodejs
ssh process died with exit code 255
Permission denied (publickey).

This has prevented me from working all weekend. I’m blocked & it’s nothing that I’ve done.
This is very frustrating.
Other messages imply that this sort of thing should resolve itself quickly but this is not true in my case…

For ssh workspaces the error means that either cloud9 public key have been removed from ~/.ssh/authorized_keys, or permission on authorized_keys file or any of it’s parent folders are wrong, (e.g. allow write group permission for the group).
Are you able to ssh to that workspace from your terminal without a password?

Hi harutyun, thx for replying. I can ssh into my digitalocean droplet, which is my cloud9 ssh workspace from my home computer using ssh root@46.*..*** without a password using kryptonite 2FA as per usual.

I have not altered permissions or keys. My setup was all was working fine until this weekend. The only thing different was I logged in from a different computer on Sat a.m. On Sun I got the error message…

Somehow my .ssh/authorized_keys file “disappeared” from digitalocean this weekend. So, I copied them back over & now I can log in but with this error message

Installing Nak
npm WARN excluding symbolic link tests/filelist_fixtures/symlink-to-1.txt -> 1.txt
npm WARN excluding symbolic link tests/filelist_fixtures/symlink-to-nowhere.txt -> nowhere.txt
npm WARN excluding symbolic link tests/search_fixtures/symlink-to-file1.txt -> file1.txt
npm WARN excluding symbolic link tests/filelist_fixtures/symlink-to-1.txt -> 1.txt
npm WARN excluding symbolic link tests/filelist_fixtures/symlink-to-nowhere.txt -> nowhere.txt
npm WARN excluding symbolic link tests/search_fixtures/symlink-to-file1.txt -> file1.txt

Failed npm. Exit code E_MISSING_END_MARKER

One or more errors occured. Please try to resolve them and restart Cloud9 or contact support@c9.io.

Meh…

solved this with a backup on digitalocean.

Still not sure how I managed to mess it up in the first place though