Some files are missing when uploading a big file

hello just wondering when i tried uploading a big file from a WordPress work space there are some files missing when you upload a big file ex. theme. can you explain it to my why does this happen? here are some screenshots.

the file is uploaded completely which has 3275 files like in the left image shown in screenshot 2

as you can see on the second screenshot the left image is the file downloaded from the cloud 9 and the right side is the one uploaded file. the whole file is 3275 but the downloaded from the cloud 9 is 3271.

i checked both files and saw the missing file. and then when i checked it from the cloud 9 its not there.

Do you know names of files or folders that are missing?
When uploading cloud9 does not create empty folders, so 4 missing items may be caused by that

i dont have any idea. if i need to complete it i need to dig up 3275 files. and that’s quite frustrating for me. i tried the ftp but i cant reach it. please help. :frowning:

You can use git to compare the folders on your computer.

hmm. can i upload a zip file and then extract it inside the cloud 9 project?

or rather than git can i use other options? like ftp?

I meant you can use git to compare folders.
You can upload zip too, use unzip ./path/to/archive.zip command to unzip it

alternatively you can run dir /B /O=G /S . > file-list.txt command in both directories to get full file list and compare them easily.

hello sorry for the late respond. what do you meant by this?

do you have any video tutorial so i can study them? i still not aware on some functions in cloud 9 :smiley:
Thank you very much for helping me. have a great day ahead.

sorry i do not have a video tutorial, but i’ll try to explain in a bit more detail

• upload a zip file to workspace root (lets say it’s called archive.zip)
  • open terminal window
  • and type unzip archive.zip to unpack the archive.

if i need to complete it i need to dig up 3275 files. and that’s quite frustrating for me.

you can use git to easily compare large number of files
create git repository, add the first folder and commit it.
then delete it and add second folder, git diff will show the differences now,

if you do not want to install git use dir /B /O=G /S . > file-list.txt command to create two text files with all the file names, and easily compare them instead of two directories.

hello. Thank you this was really a great help. i unzipped a zip file inside the WordPress project. as you said i tried uploading a zip file and then right click and choose open terminal here and typed unzip archive.zip and boom it worked.

Again thank you very much and have an awesome day! :slight_smile: