Session not created exception: Chrome version must be... Small $ Bounty to solve

I’m webscraping using Selenium with Chrome as the driver while using Ruby on Rails. My project was working fine, then one day I log in to run a web scraping task and get the error

session not created exception: Chrome version must be >= 64.0.3282.0 (Driver info: 
chromedriver=2.37.543610 
(afd36256570660b5a2f0e4dbd1b040f3dcfe9cb5),platform=Linux 
4.9.80-c9 x86_64)

My Gem File

gem 'webdrivers', '~> 3.2.4'
# IEDriverServer, MicrosoftWebDriver, chromedriver, geckodriver, phantomjs
gem 'watir'

Code Trying to Run

def mastersave
     require 'watir'
     @browser = Watir::Browser.new :chrome, headless: true
end

The gem ‘webdrivers’ downloads different drivers that allow me to use firefox, chrome, etc… with Selenium. I changed nothing when I logged in and suddenly started getting this error message when trying to use Chrome. I have never been able to get the other drivers to work but I’d be willing to use them if I could.

I’ve tried downgrading the gem ‘webdrivers’ all the way back to it’s first release and all in between, but that didn’t work. I also tried downgrading Watir to previous versions to be able to use phantomjs with it again since that’s what worked before and it’s now deprecated, but that didn’t work either.

I got 10 bucks through PayPal for anyone that can fix this or help me to. It was an incredible headache to get this all figured out in the first place.

Update to latest headless chrome 65.0.3325.162

Just a heads-up, we don’t allow Selenium/headless Chrome at this time on c9.io-hosted workspaces due to the strain that it can cause on other users. I’d recommend using either AWS Cloud9 (with dedicated EC2 instances) or an SSH Workspace/Environment, since both of these options will allow you to run these more hardware-intensive processes without affecting other users on shared hosts.

Appreciate it, thanks.