Salesforce only syncs down not up

I am testing using C9 IDE for Salesforce, using a single workspace and org. Seems great except:

Changes I make on the SF side (developer console editor) sync down nicely to C9 editor, so in general the connection is working. I can also run my tests just fine.

But, changes I make on the C9 side (to Apex classes) do not sync up, neither classes I have created new on the C9 side nor classes that existed already from the initial workspace sync and that I am merely editing.

Seems like maybe I have read but not write oAuth permissions, but I cannot view them in SF (get an Apex error trying to open the permissions for the C9).

May be related to errors I get trying to use the various console functions (Apex run immediately, Query) where it tells me I have expired, but then following the ‘force logon’ directions gives the same error again.
[run some command]
ERROR: Forbidden; Your authorization may have expired, or you do not have access. Please run force login and try again
force login
ERROR: Forbidden; Your authorization may have expired, or you do not have access. Please run force login and try again

Thanks
kad

So I ended up just deleting the workspace and creating another from the same Salesforce org, and the new one works fine, no idea what the difference is.

For another others reading this, I deleted the workspace and instantiated a new one from the same org. The new one works fine: “reboot workspace.”