Running Wrong Application

rails
workspace
ruby

Hi everyone,

I’m having a bit of trouble running rails applications. In the terminal I am working on “rails_projects/alpha_blog”, which is the application I intend to run. Every time I hit “Run Project” it runs the “test_app” project. I even switched the CWD to “rails_projects/alpha-blog”. Also, when I type in “rails s -b 0.0.0.0” into the terminal, the application does not run. I’m very confused as to how I run solely the application by which I am working on. Both “test_app” and “alpa-blog” are folders within the “rails_projects” folder. I suppose I have to figure out how to differentiate between which file I tell Cloud9 to run.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Can you attach a screenshot of just barely before and just after you run? It could be how your default run configuration is setup (see workspace settings in the top right).

Does that work?

Can you check if this will work from the terminal? Have a look at Running a Rails App and make sure to cd into the directory your project is in.

Yes! Worked. Any reason why “rails s -b 0.0.0.0” doesn’t run the application, but “rails s -b $IP -p $PORT” does?

Because only certain ports are available to run an application on so you must specify the port using $PORT. Glad it worked out :wink: