Running a cron job

Hi everyone please help advise or enable cron service on cloud9

cron jobs work the same way they do on any other linux systems. there are guides online on how.

[quote=“jms1989, post:2, topic:3293, full:true”]
cron jobs work the same way they do on any other linux systems. there are guides online on how.
[/quo

Hi jms1989 I setup on cloud9 already but not run please advise

How to check ?

create workspace then edit your cronjobs. crontab -e

I create 38 03 * * * dir not do any thing.

that’s because when you save it, it runs on a timer. its used for scripts and programs. you’re not going to see an output unless you direct console logs to a file.

I try create php file for create any file on that folder same like this on crontab not start and create new file this folder.

Pleaase advise.

See that first forward slash in your task? that’s going to tell it to look at the root of the filesystem. if this folder lives in your workspace folder, you’ll need to make the path /home/ubuntu/workspace/yourfolder.

@jms1989 @lcherone have you actually gotten it working? I’ve admittedly never tried it on a hosted workspace but I’ve seen a couple different reports about it:

Anyway, I’m curious to know the truth :wink:

I personally haven’t used it on a hosted workspace, just on my own linux servers. I haven’t had a need for it yet but am familiar with the process of using it. I’m only going on the assumption that it should work as normal atm. If that assumption is incorrect then I apologize.