Runner does not run my app but it runs fine from bash by typing rails s

I get the following traceback from the Runner:

Exiting
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/activesupport-5.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:293:in ‘require’: cannot load such file – rack/handler/s (LoadError)
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/activesupport-5.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:293:in 'block in require’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/activesupport-5.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:259:in 'load_dependency’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/activesupport-5.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:293:in 'require’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/handler.rb:74:in 'try_require’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/handler.rb:16:in 'get’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/server.rb:301:in 'server’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands/server.rb:112:in 'print_boot_information’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands/server.rb:73:in 'start’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:90:in 'block in server’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:85:in 'tap’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:85:in 'server’
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:49:in 'run_command!'
from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/railties-5.0.2/lib/rails/commands.rb:18:in '<top (required)>'
from bin/rails:4:in 'require’
from bin/rails:4:in ‘’

Process exited with code: 1

It runs without problems from bash on typing rails s. I’ve updated the bundle, made sure rvm is reinstalled. I’ve even installed another copy of the whole project from Github, rebuilt the database, moved it to Rails 5 / Ruby 2.3.3. I’ve updated and cleaned literally everything I can think of. Still the same error
My conclusions are that the runner is not functioning correctly and my application is fine. But that makes no sense. HELP!

I’ve check my environment variables in both the Runner and bash, and the GEM_PATH and GEM_HOME are the same.

GEM_HOME=/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3
GEM_PATH=/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3:/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3@global
MY_RUBY_HOME=/usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.3.3
RUBY_VERSION=ruby-2.3.3