Run PHP app on custom port

I don’t want to kill my app on port 8080. How can I change the port of Cloud9 for my PHP app instead of using 8080 for webserver?

Process already running on port

Cloud9 only makes 8080, 8081, and 8082 available publicly so you’ll need to use one of those. For more info, see Multiple Ports.

This is not the answer on my question. Where can I change the default port number to 8081 in this case. If I pressed ‘run’ within a PHP script, it starts the PHP (build-in server) on port 8080. I couldn’t change that.

Currently I changed the plugins/c9.ide.run/run.js manually. Because port 8080 was already in use on my server, I changed it to 8182. As you said, it’s not publicly available (it doesn’t matter… because I’m running my own Nginx server). I added a pass proxy line to localhost:8182, and voila it’s working. Too bad I needed to change the run.js manually.

@danger89 You didn’t give us enough detail to understand what exactly you are trying to do. You almost certainly do not need to change run.js.

You can change it by editing these files. /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/001-cloud9.conf and the listen port in /etc/apache2/ports.conf then restart apache.