Could you provide us with more detailed info about :
- Run configurations
I suppose that builder is a build system - cmake in my (C++) case
runner is a something like debugger
and run configuration - is a something what is a union of the builder and runner?
currently it’s very unclear.
so Run configuration contains these properties:
- command - no idea what is it
- CWD - working directory. what does this property affect? debugger? compiler?
- Debug - flag to stop on breakpoints
- Runner - it’s mostly clear , but it works oddly, it starts depends of currently opened file, it’s not good - runner is not a property of the file , but of a whole project. doesn’t matter which file is opened in editor, the built executable is not related with this.
- Default - suppose this is a flag of the config which ran by default. however need a clarification
So nothing about builders.
- is a builder(s) linked with Run configuration?
- if - yes, when this will be executed during the process?
Another group of questions - how to combine a configurations:
you see - minimal Run configurations is a Debug, Release, Tests
how to configure this? any examples please…
cmake projects can have a few targets, depends of the parameters.
how to write parameterized builders? where can I set which target to build?