So I’ve been working on a few plugins for cloud9 recently and I wanted to create a thread that people could post questions, suggestions, etc in…
I will update this top post with a list of plugins and descriptions as I write more. You can find plugins under development in this list as well.
If you would like any of the plugins prioritized please let me know as community feedback will let me know what is wanted
How to Install Plugins into c9
- Open a terminal in you workspace,
- Run the install command located on the plugin.
- Change any settings in c9 preferences that are mentioned on the plugin’s github site.
Plugins - Published
- Link: https://github.com/shadowcodex/c9.ide.desktop
c9 install c9.ide.desktop
- This plugin works to bring the x11 desktop into your cloud9 IDE. Installing this plugin gives you a simple two click desktop that you can work in. Useful for applications that need a display or generate GUI’s.
- Link: https://github.com/shadowcodex/c9.ide.pigments
c9 install c9.ide.pigments
- This plugin has several features that deal with color codes and web design.
- Color Highlighter - Highlights color codes with their color. Good for viewing colors in code. Can be turned on and off.
- Color Report - Generated on demand report of all colors in the current file you are working. The report not only shows the colors, but gives conversions to other formats as well as additional color swatches to work with.
- Link: https://github.com/shadowcodex/c9.ide.print
c9 install c9.ide.print
- This Plugin simply adds a local printing option to the IDE. It’s a quick and dirty solution that works about 90% of the time.
Drag and Drop Editor —
- This will add a full drag and drop page builder / editor to cloud 9.
Drag and Drop Add-on - Bootstrap —
- Adds bootstrap elements to drag and drop editor
Drag and Drop Add-on - Foundation —
- Adds foundation elements to drag and drop editor
Desktop Add-on - React-Native —
- Adds React Native development to the desktop.
Desktop Add-on - Chromium —
- Adds the chromium web browser to the desktop plugin
Desktop Add-on - Firefox —
- Adds the Firefox web browser to the desktop plugin
Slack Chat —
- Brings in slack chat as a side panel (like collaborator chat) to the IDE. Allowing chat while working.
Gitter Chat —
- Brings in Gitter to allow you to search for rooms, join, chat, and listen to any Gitter room. This is useful when working with packages that have Gitter chats.
Book Writer —
- Brings a markdown writing experience like no other to the cloud9 IDE
- Grapher —
- A drag and drop UML, Brain-Map, Diagram, and Layout drawing editor for cloud9 IDE
Templates Under Development
- PHP : LEMP (Currently only LAMP is provided) - site —
- Laravel - site —
- Jekyll - site — PR Submitted —
- Discourse (without Docker) - site —
- Rust - site —
- io.js - site —
- Lua - site —
- Clojure - site —
- Scala - site —
- Hack - site —
- Dart - site —
C9 / Core Pull Requests
--pipecommand to allow piping of command outputs to an editor in realtime. Link —
I am opening up my slack for any cloud9 users to join and talk about these plugins. If you have cloud9 specific inquires that don’t relate to these plugins then please post them to the community forums here. However you are also welcome to join the slack and just chat and say hello