Opening your workspace in a standalone window

Been trying to figure this out for a while, I know it’s possible because i accidentally did it once before, and loved the way it worked. Running it in a standalone window allows me to quickly switch between tabs with CTRL+Tab, and at the same time hop back and forth between chrome or whatever tutorial video I am watching or article I’m reading using ALT+Tab.
It also allows me to treat cloud9 like a program, since I’m on a chromebook this poses a benefit to me when navigating using my shelf.

I know it sounds like it shouldn’t matter, but I love my keyboard shortcuts and hate any time i have to run to my mouse for any reason. I find I can get around faster and easier with the keyboard, the mouse feels like it throws a wrench in things.

All I’m trying to do is run my workspace in its own window, as opposed to running it inside a web browser tab.
I am on a chromebook, so I cant download or install any software to run on its own for coding, and I really enjoyed working with cloud9 yesterday in what appeared to be a standalone program.

I dont know if i accidentally removed the workspace from the browser, or hid the browser UI from the workspace? I guess either one would work, since the cloud9 workspace resembles a program window itself.

Love my chromebook because it feels like a PC but doesn’t drain batteries like one. This thing will run for upwards of 10 hours of coding, periodically watching a tutorial video.

Thanks for any help

Install the cloud9 extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloud9/nbdmccoknlfggadpfkmcpnamfnbkmkcp?hl=en-US&utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher
And using context menu on the cloud9 icon in the launcher, pick to open it in as window.

You can also use this third party extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloud-9-ide-shortcut/pmlkkiikcladbgpdafkklldodkabkcdh?hl=en-US&utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher

Extremely helpful, Harutyun, thanks for your time in responding.

I couldn’t see the official cloud9 extension for anything more (Or in this case, less) then a website in a new window, maybe I am missing something there, but the third party extension you linked to worked perfectly. Opens cloud9 in what appears to be a dedicated process, separate from my chrome / internet browsing.

Mission accomplished! I can even pin this shortcut to my shelf. So useful.