Old c9 EDU account - Cannot add more than 50 members to team

education

Hi there, I am admin for a team on the old $1 per month EDU account. According to the old EDU FAQ, educational teams aren’t supposed to have any limits to how many members can be added to a team, but when I try to add new students at the moment, I just get an error message “You cannot add more then 50 members to your team” (sic).

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

This issue is also affecting my education account and team members. Without C9 Premium Support, I fear that there is no attention from the C9 staff responsible for supporting Education. I am hunting for the contact info of that human being to see if they can “jiggle the handle” to get things working as expected. If terms have changed without notification to existing users, I would be very disappointed to hear that.

Can I say I don't like AWS Cloud9?

Hi, i have the same problem, my team has 65 members but when I try to add new student I get error “You cannot add more then 50 members to your team”.

Thanks for your help.

This decision came down a week ago…it was necessary due to some issues with some users creating excessively large teams that were causing extreme latency issues on our side. We have heard everyone, and we are currently evaluating what our next steps will be.

Let us know if you have any questions either here or through support@c9.io

I will be leaving the Cloud9 platform with my entire department due to the following:

1. This decision.
  2. The manner in which this decision was handled: no communication at all about it to me; no advance warning.

Goodbye Cloud9. You once were great. until Bezos screwed you up. The big always ruin the small. Sorry to all Cloud9 employees. We are moving to Repl.it in the Fall Semester.

Hi all,

We recently dropped the size of team accounts from unlimited to 50. We made this change as part of our continuous efforts to ensure that we’re providing a reliable Cloud9 experience.

We are currently working on a change to increase the size of team accounts beyond 50 and we will inform you when this is available.

Feel free to reach out to us at support@c9.io.

Just like ethan up here I will also be leaving with my school along with all others in the region due to this decision. It is sad to see that all of this took place without informing any of the people from education.