Occasionally a file tab gets stuck

Occasionally I have a file tab that gets stuck. Clicking on the tab does not bring focus to it. I can’t drag it. I can’t close it.

As you can see in the image below, it doesn’t render properly either; it’s displayed in front of both the tab to the right and the focus tab to the left (it should be behind both). The incorrect rendering isn’t a problem, it’s just a sign that the tab is stuck.

I can regain focus by double-clicking the file in the file tree but that doesn’t unstick the tab. The only solution I know is to reload the editor.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix that doesn’t involve reloading the editor? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

That does happen to me as well.

I’ve actually seen this before as well but I haven’t debugged it. Next time you see this can you capture any console messages/errors and paste them in here? Than I can submit a formal bug report about this so we can fix it up.

@bradydowling Do you mean error messages from the browser’s JS console?

Yes indeed, sorry for not clarifying.

Here is the error:

worker.js:1221 Error: Couldn’t parse codeintel output:
at worker.js:39071
at Array.onResult (worker.js:1923)
at Sender.EventEmitter._signal (worker.js:409)
at window.onmessage (worker.js:200)(anonymous function) @ worker.js:1221
worker.js:39087 [codeintel_worker] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/nix/store/adnbhcy51b4x19fmfci6h0qfy5sarwpr-python-2.7.11/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py”, line 295, in _handle_request_noblock