Node Runner is not working with Node 6.11.2

my cloud9 projects don’t work any more and nor do any of the student workspaces connected under my education account.
I can log in and access the projects but when I run the server code it doesn’t work even with a really basic express server project. can someone please help??
thanks

I’m having the same issue. I can’t run my NodeJS applications. It just shows this message and hangs:

Important: use process.env.PORT as the port and process.env.IP as the host in your scripts!

same here
it can run a bit when the debugger is disabled, but hang on other code.

I think is the Node 8 version, not totally compatible in c9. But if you disable the debugger, the project runs,

I’m having the same problem.

I deleted the entire workspace, created a new one from scratch and the problem persists. Not Node 8.

node -v
v6.11.2

I can get my code to run in a terminal but not in the debugger. The debugger was working yesterday morning and then suddenly stopped working.

Looks like this is an issue with the new Node debugger, particularly when using Node 6.11.2. A fix should be going out shortly; if you’re currently blocked, you should be able to run your code through the runner by deactivating the debugger first.

Thanks for your response. I can run my code without debugging, please rollout a fix shortly, thanks.

hi - can you tell me how to disable the debugger? thanks

You can deactivate the debugger in the run panel by clicking the bug icon: https://docs.c9.io/docs/debugging-your-code

thankyou for this!!!

The fix should have been pushed. Let us know if you’re still having issues debugging on 6.11.2!