Move project in Ruby on Rails tutorial to clean workspace

rails
workspace
ruby

I learned ruby on rails by using the ruby on rails tutorial site and consequently built my complete application using the ruby on rails tutorial site. I would now like move it to a new clean workspace apart from the tutorial workspace. I know that I can clone it, but it still says that it is a tutorial clone and I don’t want that.

I am assuming that I need to set up a ruby on rails workspace and retrieve my project from the git backup, but I am worried that there may be other things that the supplied tutorial provides that I will miss and the application will not run.

Could someone give me directions on where to go to learn how to do this relatively painlessly - I am assuming that there may be some in the community that has done this successfully.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Leah

I would push your application to a Github repository. And then create a new workspace and pull the repository from the new workspace.

I am assuming that I need to set up a ruby on rails workspace and
retrieve my project from the git backup, but I am worried that there may
be other things that the supplied tutorial provides that I will miss
and the application will not run.

Make sure that the Rails and Ruby versions are the same, and that the database configuration you are using is the same as well. If that is the case, then I doubt you will have any problems.

If you encounter any problems, then post here and we will try to help you!