Mongo DB troubles

mongodb

I installed and used MongoDB just yesterday and everything worked fine. Today I realized that I didn’t close cloud9 properly and I can’t get MongoDB to work anymore. I tried restarting the workspace and a few other things. But everytime I run mongod I get the same following error. “Error parsing command line: unknown option small
try ‘mongod --help’ for more information.” I get this same error when I try to repair mongod by using mongod --repair. I don’t know what happened I just know that any and all comands I run for Mongo result in an error. This same error…“Error parsing command line: unknown option small
try ‘mongod --help’ for more information.” I apologize if this isn’t an original question or if it was answered somewhere else. I didn’t see any answers that seemed to help as I tried running code that others say fixed their mongoDB but it didn’t fix mine. I appreciate any help that can be offered for the situation. Also I can’t find the data directory that I created that was supposed to store my mongoDB files.

Can you post the exact command you are running to start MongoDB?

Try following the steps here: Setting Up MongoDB