Jekyll preview won't load new code

ruby
jekyll

Hi Team,

I’m just getting started with jekyll and for this I follow this link: https://docs.c9.io/docs/jekyll

Unfortunately live-reloading is not working, although the console continue saying that a new file was re-generated:

Regenerating: 1 file(s) changed at 2016-01-21 00:17:15 …done in 0.139224224 seconds.

If you ask I am starting jekyll with the following command:

jekyll serve --host $IP --port $PORT

I actually just followed this same guide the other day and everything worked well so I can validate the guide :ok_hand:. I think the key to note here is that this won’t enable live reload of the website when you preview it like you might see with Browsersync.

Any reference to live-reload in this context is referring to the server sensing a change in the files and changing what is served up, real-time. If you refresh the page, this should show the new version of the project.

Can you confirm that this is how things are working for you?

Hi bradydowling,

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough. The problem is that even after I refresh the browser I continue seeing the old version.
This happens even seeing the page in a tab inside cloud9 ide, not just in a browser tab.

(I know jekyll does not provide a live-reload, at least not out-of-the-box :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Hi

I was able to solve the my problem by deleting and creating the repo again.
Perhaps no the best solution, but works for me.

Weird. This is something I see from time to time and it either fixes itself or I do what you did and that does it. Hopefully we can nail down the root cause of this sooner than later but for now this is a good workaround.