Is it possible to install Wt on Cloud9?

As the title says, I want to know if it’s possible to install Wt on Cloud9. I’m having trouble setting it up in Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10. I tried following the instructions on changing the Include Directories and Additional Dependencies and all that, but I still got a whole bunch of error messages. I could get it from NuGet, but the NuGet Package for it is for version 3.3.5, and to top it off it’s just the pre-release version (latest version on Wt’s website is the full-release of 3.3.6, as of July 2016).

If it can’t be done on Cloud9, but there’s still something I can try to do to make it work in VS, I’d be glad if someone could help me out there. Note: I also tried using CMake, but for some reason it can’t find the text file CMakeLists.txt in the directory that Wt is in, even though I myself can see that it’s right there. I wonder if I have to go one level deeper so that it’ll see the file in the previous directory (is that a bug in CMake?)?

If wt works on Ubuntu it should work on Cloud9, as your Cloud9 workspace is just an Ubuntu docker container. It looks like it should work via this guide: http://redmine.emweb.be/projects/1/wiki/Installing_Wt_on_Ubuntu

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I’m replying late myself now.

Anyway, yeah, Wt can be installed on Linux and Ubuntu-Linux, so it should work on Cloud9 as well.

I want to use Wt to build a web app for a final project for Harvard’s intro CS course, Introduction to Computer Science (CS50), which I’ve been taking online on edx.org. My main intention is really to try to prove that C++ isn’t as hard as people think. The final project overview says:

The climax of this course is its final project. The final project is your opportunity to take your newfound savvy with programming out for a spin and develop your very own piece of software. So long as your project draws upon this course’s lessons, the nature of your project is entirely up to you. You may implement your project in any language(s). You are welcome to utilize infrastructure other than the CS50 Appliance. All that we ask is that you build something of interest to you, that you solve an actual problem, that you impact your community, or that you change the world. Strive to create something that outlives this course.

The way I want to impact the world is by making a web app in C++ with its code public so I can show that it’s not as hard as people think to use it. But I need some more ideas as to what the app should actually do. One idea I have is a currency convertor combined with the Google Maps API that would take the user’s geolocation and open an InfoWindow with a marker on said location to show the user their country’s currency converted into other currencies based on input into the InfoWindow itself, for which there would also be a search bar up top to search for a currency and get its code to put into the text box in the InfoWindow; plus they’ll also be able to see how much their country’s currency is worth. I want to use a MySQL database, but first I’d have to see what I need to put into my database table (still haven’t figured that part out yet).

Is this a good idea for a final project? Or should I think of something other than a currency converter?

I’ll have to pay to use Cloud9’s servers, right? But if I want to use a FastCGI protocol on Apache and just want to use Cloud9 to develop and upload my code to Apache, would I still have to pay?

If you don’t think I should be asking you about this, tell me if it’ll be okay to ask this in a place where other members can also see it and comment if they want (and also tell me a good place to ask in that case).

Thanks in advance.