Is Cloud9 being replaced with AWS Cloud 9?

What frustrates me is that AWS Cloud9 is not nearly as good of a user experience as the original Cloud9. One of the key reasons I chose the original Cloud9 over its competitors was that when I went back to a project, all my terminal sessions were still where I left them. With AWS Cloud9, every day I have to go through a cumbersome process of logging back in and waiting for my environment to spool up, then once that’s done all my terminal sessions are back in the root directory. These things are inconvenient and together with C9’s lack of innovation over the past several years compared to editors like VS Code and Atom/Pinegrow, I’m thinking I need to go back to working locally which is unfortunate. Who’s going to build the next kick-ass online IDE???

Thank you for your continued feedback. We continue to listen to all feedback and are working on projects to ease the transition for our c9.io customers over to AWS Cloud9.

I can’t share specific details just yet but we will let you know as soon as we have more information.