Installing xhtml2pdf in Cloud9 environment

django
python

I need to install xhtml2pdf for a Django project in Cloud9, but when I try to install it with pip, I keep getting a TypeError saying that call() is missing a required positional argument (‘name’). I have no problems using pip to install xhtml2pdf on my own computer; this seems to only be an issue in Cloud9.

I haven’t been able to find any way to work around this yet… Anyone have any suggestions?

sudo pip3 install xhtml2pdf
The directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.cache/pip/http’ or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo’s -H flag.
The directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.cache/pip’ or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo’s -H flag.
Collecting xhtml2pdf
Downloading xhtml2pdf-0.0.6.zip (120kB)
100% |████████████████████████████████| 122kB 2.7MB/s
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 215, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py”, line 324, in run
requirement_set.prepare_files(finder)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 380, in prepare_files
ignore_dependencies=self.ignore_dependencies))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 634, in prepare_file
abstract_dist.prep_for_dist()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 129, in prep_for_dist
self.req_to_install.run_egg_info()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/req/req_install.py”, line 412, in run_egg_info
self.setup_py, self.name,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pip/req/req_install.py”, line 387, in setup_py
import setuptools # noqa
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/init.py”, line 12, in
import setuptools.version
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/version.py”, line 1, in
import pkg_resources
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 72, in
import packaging.requirements
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/packaging/requirements.py”, line 59, in
MARKER_EXPR = originalTextFor(MARKER_EXPR())(“marker”)
TypeError: _call
() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘name’