How to setup pgAdmin III for postgresql

postgresql

Hi

I’ve tried to connect from a pgAdmin instance on my local machine to the postgresql server running on c9.
I’ve modified /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/pg_hba.conf and /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf and restarted the db but still get the following error:
Server not listening.

i’ve tried command: nc -vz c9-stratega-jbci.c9users.io 5432
but seems there’s no reply, is it possible there’s a firewall?

Anyone faced this?

pgadminIII for postgresql

Only ports 8080, 8081 and 8082 are open for workspaces so if you want to access the DB externally you’ll need to run it on one of these ports. Make sure you can access it with curl from a local terminal and ensure it’s listening on 0.0.0.0 not 127.0.0.1, as the latter only allows local connections. Let us know how you go.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work? Been trying for a few days now but with no luck. Have postgresql.conf set to listen on port 8082 on all IPs and have updated pg_hba.conf to use 0.0.0.0 but nothing seems to allow connections remotely.

Just got this from Cloud9 today:

Thanks for asking about this. Ports 8080, 8081, and 8082 can only be opened to http(s) connections. Because of that, you may not be able to allow direct access to your database. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I’d be happy to help out.

So I’d say that it’s not possible. :-/

So, how to do this? How to connect to db remotely? With DataGrip or pgAdmin?