How to install pip for python3?

python

Hi,

i’m trying to use a module with python3 but there is just one pip and it points to python2.7. When i try to install python3-setuptools i get no package found. Any idea how to install pip for python3?

Thanks

Use pip3 instead of pip :wink:

There isn’t pip3. But python3 is. pip3 is not there, for that i said to install setuptools. There are just pip, pip2, pip2.7 three of them point to python2.

You just need to run sudo apt-get install python3-pip

I’ll make sure pip3 is included in the base image in the near future.

Keep in mind there is also a python workspace type that includes additional python tools already installed in the image (including pip3 at the moment) and python 3.5 amongst other things.

Doesn’t work neither.

ruina:~/workspace $ sudo apt-get install python3-pip Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package python3-pip

ruina:~/workspace $ sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Package python3-setuptools is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source E: Package 'python3-setuptools' has no installation candidate

Maybe is what you said, i’m in custom workspace. i’m going to try with python workspace.

Thanks a lot!

That should have worked, on the custom type though; perhaps you needed to run sudo apt-get update first.

You can also make sure Pip3 is installed using easy_install.

For Ubuntu 12.04 or older,

sudo apt-get install python3-pip

won’t work. Instead, use:

sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools
sudo easy_install3 pip

Doesn’t recognize pip3 as an archive type.
error: Not a recognized archive type: pip3

pip3 is a program, not a type of archive. What were you trying to do that you gave you the error?

Use these commands :slight_smile:

1. sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools
  2. sudo easy_install3 pip

I’m a bit late here, but I’ve just spent a full day trying to get pip3 working. I found the solution by accident when reading the structure of the Python 3 runner.

Rather than the typical pip3 command, use:

pip-3.6

e.g.

> sudo pip-3.6 install requests

I want to install pip. It should support Python 3, but it requires setuptools, which is available only for Python 2.

How can I install pip with Python 3?
9Apps: VidMate, Mobdro