How to clone a workspace from a free to a paid account

workspace

I have a private workspace in a free C9 account that I want to clone/transfer to a different (paid) account that is not owned by me.

How can I do this?

And just to clarify, I am not talking about cloning the project files, I am interested in cloning the entire workspace, i.e. server config and etc.

You might be able to display all files and then download the entire workspace. (Right click => Download)

If that leaves out a bunch of files, this might help you: Download project as zip file

Thanks for your suggestion but I’m looking for a more definitive/authoritative answer. These workspaces are just containers, there should be some way of moving/cloning/transferring them between accounts.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do exactly. you can reinstall all the programs from an old computer to a new one:

~/Desktop/packages > sudo dpkg --set-selections && sudo apt-get dselect upgrade

and you can also copy /etc/ for configurations.
if you have scp access, you can scp the files over, otherwise, copy to your workspace directory and download them through the file browser.

For personal files, yeah, that’s a copy /download thing. answered in the previous answer.

Yes, I am well aware I can create a backup of my project files.

What I am wanting to do is avoid having to manually re-install all the packages and re-do all the customization, because it is a highly-modified setup that works.

I would really appreciate it if someone from c9 could step-up and answer this definitively

Does anyone from C9 still check these forums?