Getting Started with Laravel

php
laravel

You may follow the installation guide of Laravel 5.2 the latest version.

i follow above example but have no luck. .env file is gone and run could not be click. Any help…
I tried also .env file manually but i wont allow me add…

Can you try showing hidden files and see if that helps?

Thanks for this terrific tutorial! This is a tremendous help!!!

Question: Do any of these settings affect how your project is exported when you go to move your app to a live server? Or can you package everything, “as is” and move it right over? In other words, what do I need to change after I transfer my files?

Thanks so much!!

Most likely you’ll need to change the database settings, unless you have a database named c9 :smile: But if you want to keep those database settings then you may be fine, it just depends how things are configured on your server.

You can see this video. it’s very easy to find .env file and editing https://goo.gl/HKCr3e

You may also open the workspace panel settings (gearwheel in the top right of that panel) and then choose to show hidden files. Then your .env file will show in the files panel.

I cannot find php.ini ’ Laravel 5.2 ’ in cloud9 , i wanna change max file upload

Have a look at Customizing php.ini

New instructions for Laravel 5.3 at: Laravel 5.3 Installation on Cloud9
Thanks @luciendub. I would never have gotten started with Laravel on C9 if it wasn’t for your post!

hey guys, just for any newbies here (will save you loads of time and frustration), this is what I found out after I couldn’t figure out why I am getting this error

[PDOException]
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘USERNAME’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

DB_CONNECTION=mysql
DB_HOST=localhost
DB_PORT=3306
DB_DATABASE=c9
DB_USERNAME=USERNAME (this must be your cloud9 username, not just ‘USERNAME’)
DB_PASSWORD=

I encounter an error

bash: line 1: play/.env: No such file or directory

Play is my folder name: workspace > play

I had configure my .env file

drwxr-xr-x 11 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Nov 25 16:55 ./
drwxrwxr-x 4 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Nov 25 17:07 …/
-rw-r–r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 479 Nov 25 16:56 .env
-rw-r–r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 485 Nov 25 16:54 .env.example
-rw-r–r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 61 Nov 25 16:35 .gitattributes
-rw-r–r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 95 Nov 25 16:35 .gitignore
… and more

Issue solve.

• The problem is when I try to install php7 before install laravel 5.3. I did not install completely the package that the framework required.

• Result the “Vendor” folder did not appear. Even I try so many time of “composer update”. It still did not appear until I found there is a error in the command prompt

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

I found an the solution here Laravel 5.3 Installation on Cloud9

• By reinstall back all the packages of php7.

After that enter the follow command

sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/001-cloud9.conf

and add /public to the end of line 2 e.g.

DocumentRoot /home/ubuntu/workspace/FOLDERNAME/public

Press F2 or Ctrl/Cmd + X to exit, then y and return to save
It works!

You’re very welcome!

Hello.

I followed the tutorial and I continued to get “No application seems to be running here!” error.
Do I have to run “php artisan serve” or Apache is the one that should handle the requests?

Did you also try following the guide that @prenna made?

New topic for installing Laravel 5.4:

I have kept referencing this article and it means a lot for me, especially when commencing a new laravel project.

Thanks for your contributions @prenna and @luciendub!

Maybe is too late, but, try this script i wrote: https://github.com/zmeulDev/c9Laravel