Getting error "spawn ENOMEM" in workspace

ssh
customization

Hi,

I have a ssh workspace that throws me spawn ENOMEM after using for sometime. On checking for issue I could find that this happens because the machine goes out of memory. On further analysis, I found the reason why the machine runs out of memory. The reason is whenever I refresh the workspace or close and open a terminal I see a defunct (Zombie) tmux process being created. This happens everytime I run a build in the workspace as well.

Can anyone please help me out to resolve this.

Thanks,
Janardhan

Hey @janardhan, C9 uses tmux for it’s terminal windows. If you press alt + T and then tmux ls, you’ll see one more tmux session than before.

Not sure if this answers your question though. I had one issue with C9’s database of users back when it first came out not being able to invite one of my friends to a workspace but that was years ago and the only time C9 had the issue itself, every other time I was able to figure out what was wrong in the code or otherwise.

Maybe try killing the tmux sessions or clone into a fresh workspace if you can.

@mikeumus : Thanks for your reply. But the issue is something different, Everytime I close a terminal or run a build the tmux gets detached but not killed. I see a Zombie process created as seen in the screen shot. This happens only in the SSH workspace. You can try in your workspace as well.

Thanks,
Janardhan

Hum, in my SSH workspace I just have this when I look for tmux sessions:

☁ scrapy_phishtank [AWS-dev] ⚡ tmux ls mikeumus@phishnet_507: 1 windows (created Wed Dec 2 05:47:07 2015) [133x29] (attached)