Following Angular 2.0 Quickstart guide causes "app is not defined" error

angular

I’m trying to follow the Angular 2.0 Quickstart guide. The guide accesses the angular code via its npm package, angular2 (v.2.0.0-beta.6). In my apps.components.js and main.js files, the app and ng variables give the error message “[app or ng] is not defined; please fix or add /global [app or ng]/”. When I then try to run node, it errors out with this message:

Debugger listening on port 15454
/home/ubuntu/workspace/app/app.component.js:3
app/app.component.js
^

ReferenceError: app is not defined
at Object. (/home/ubuntu/workspace/app/app.component.js:3:1)
at Module._compile (module.js:434:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:452:10)
at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
at Module.runMain [as _onTimeout] (module.js:475:10)
at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:89:15)

Process exited with code: 1

It appears it isn’t picking up the global variables from the angular node package. I don’t think this is a problem with the package itself since I got similar errors when I tried using angular 2.0 via downloading and including the code in a previous project.

My code and package.json file is the same as the angular 2.0 quickstart guide linked above.

Nevermind. It works now.

Here I was making my workspace = my app. I tried the Angular2 quickstart again, this time putting the app within the workspace and not trying to make the entire workspace the app. I also started it with the Cloud9 PHP/Apache server. Now the app works, so one or both of these changes did the trick. Thanks.

Thanks for following up, really good to have that feedback here.

Hi I try to follow the quickstart guide for anglar2.
What do you mean by

Here I was making my workspace = my app. I tried the Angular2 quickstart again, this time putting the app within the workspace and not trying to make the entire workspace the app