Error Timeout using nodemailer with port and host

I have been using nodemailer in my nodejs application to send mails, it works well when i use gmail service. But now i want to use host and port to connect to some mail port to send custom emails, all i get is Error connection timeout i thought it should be a problem with my mail configuration in my domain name provider, but then I imported the mails to my gmail account and they function properly, i tried it out with other email tester they as well work… I then tried to use the ethereal email to test things out in my c9 workspace it still return same Error connection timeout
I went to nodemailer npm and saw some faq on errors i saw connection time out - Timeout usually occurs when you try to open a connection to a port that is firewalled either on the server or on your machine… Any solution to this cause i guess it might be firewall settings in my workspace… because it works well with other mail services

i have created the question in stack overflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50411184/timeout-error-on-using-nodemailer-with-cpanel-custom-email