Error running Jekyll-RB

ruby
jekyll

Hello

I have been running into issues that I really don’t know how to fix in a limited contolled env like c9’s

To build the site and run it, I do bundle exec jekyll serve --host $IP --port $PORT

The following message appears, that is not related to my repo or the gems I have installed:

Configuration file: /home/ubuntu/workspace/_config.yml
Configuration file: /home/ubuntu/workspace/_config.yml
Source: /home/ubuntu/workspace
Destination: /home/ubuntu/workspace/_site
Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental
Generating... 
done in 2.007 seconds.
 bundler: failed to load command: jekyll (/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/bin/jekyll)

LoadError: cannot load such file – ffi_c
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.17/lib/ffi.rb:6:in require' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.17/lib/ffi.rb:6:inrescue in <top (required)>’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.17/lib/ffi.rb:3:in <top (required)>' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rb-inotify-0.9.8/lib/rb-inotify/native.rb:1:inrequire’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rb-inotify-0.9.8/lib/rb-inotify/native.rb:1:in <top (required)>' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rb-inotify-0.9.8/lib/rb-inotify.rb:1:inrequire’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rb-inotify-0.9.8/lib/rb-inotify.rb:1:in <top (required)>' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/adapter/linux.rb:30:inrequire’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/adapter/linux.rb:30:in _configure' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/adapter/base.rb:45:inblock in configure’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/adapter/base.rb:40:in each' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/adapter/base.rb:40:inconfigure’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/adapter/base.rb:63:in start' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/backend.rb:28:instart’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/listener.rb:67:in block in <class:Listener>' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/fsm.rb:120:ininstance_eval’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/fsm.rb:120:in call' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/fsm.rb:91:intransition_with_callbacks!’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/fsm.rb:57:in transition' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/listen-3.0.8/lib/listen/listener.rb:90:instart’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/jekyll-watch-1.5.0/lib/jekyll/watcher.rb:24:in watch' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/jekyll-3.4.0/lib/jekyll/commands/build.rb:92:incall’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/jekyll-3.4.0/lib/jekyll/commands/build.rb:92:in watch' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/jekyll-3.4.0/lib/jekyll/commands/build.rb:41:inprocess’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/jekyll-3.4.0/lib/jekyll/commands/serve.rb:37:in block (2 levels) in init_with_program' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mercenary-0.3.6/lib/mercenary/command.rb:220:inblock in execute’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mercenary-0.3.6/lib/mercenary/command.rb:220:in each' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mercenary-0.3.6/lib/mercenary/command.rb:220:inexecute’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mercenary-0.3.6/lib/mercenary/program.rb:42:in go' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mercenary-0.3.6/lib/mercenary.rb:19:inprogram’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/gems/jekyll-3.4.0/exe/jekyll:13:in <top (required)>' /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/bin/jekyll:22:inload’
/home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/cache/ruby/2.3.0/bin/jekyll:22:in `<top (required)>’

I have already done the following:

• reinstalled the mentioned library,(ffi)
    -re downloaded the repo, cloned.
    -restarted the workspace
    -deleted the workspace and recreated a new one
    -ran the repo locally and it worked, only happens in C9

This is an issue that is stopping me and my team from being able to develop and deploy from C9. This seems to be related only to the cloud9 ruby environment but I have limited access to to anything about it.