Emacs keymap mode not working?

I’m new to using c9, but I am a heavy emacs user. I see under preferences here there is an emacs keyboard mode, which I have set. But as far as I can tell, it doesn’t seem to do anything?

For instance, I would expect that to bind Ctrl+W to “Cut” but it leaves Ctrl+X as “Cut” and Ctr+W as “Close Tab”. Ctrl+F and Ctrl+N was another problem I noticed right away.

I don’t see any documentation on this, so I’m not sure if that feature just isn’t working right for me, or what.

On which OS/Browser did you try this?

Unfortunately there is a longstanding bug in chrome https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=119881 that doesn’t allow modifying some of browser shortcuts, so ctrl-w and ctrl-n cannot be modified there.

But Ctrl-f and ctrl-x should work as expected, what behavior do you see?

I’m using Firefox on Windows at the moment. Maybe I just needed a restart, because most things seem to be working now. The menu still shows Ctrl X, C and V as Cut/Copy/Paste, but they are greyed out, and behavior is as expected in Ace.

But I’m still having some trouble using emacs in the terminal. Ctrl-K doesn’t work there… I think it’s getting read as Ctrl-1 for some reason? Can I change that?

In addition to the problem with Ctrl-K in terminal tabs, another I have found is Alt+Enter. Alt seems to create a crosshairs for selecting text… maybe I need to turn that feature off? Can that be done?