Deleting old git repo folders

I have a couple of files in my repo that I can’t seem to get rid of but was able to cleanly remove them from my workspace, I think. I can’t seem to find the right command to remove them properly but they are still visible in my repo on bitbucket.

The two folders, boldandgreen and cleanerpress seem inaccessible. I don’t know why. If I can recover them, that’d be great but deleting them seems easier. I’ve tried doing a git pull origin master .themes/boldandgreen, a git checkout, and a git rm --cached .themes/boldandgreen but it seems to have no effect.

Thanks.

I haven’t used bitbucket in a while, but that looks like a git submodule to me. If you just removed the folder and add/commit/push’d the change, it won’t work as you might’ve been expecting. But this sounds like a git issue, you might be better off posting on stack overflow or similar. This may help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1260748/how-do-i-remove-a-submodule

Hmm, I did a upload to my source repo and it deleted the old theme files but now it won’t push my theme’s backup folder. the console output on the terminal shows the files being added but don’t appear on bitbucket.

The themes are downloaded as a git submodule.

If you deleted them but they are submodules, you should be running git submodule sync; git submodule update --init to get them back.

But I would suggest stack overflow as the place to ask, since it is a git and bitbucket related question, not cloud9.