Created my first project and immediately hitting a major road block

nodejs

I just created my first node project and I am embarrassed to say that I can’t even get past the second step in the example. I entered node server.js to run the server, but I am completely lost on the next line. It says "Once the server is running, open the project in the shape of 'https://projectname-username.c9.io/’." So, I typed my unique URL with my project name and username and I just get an error page with a flower background and text saying “No workspace is bound to this domain.”

I am only moments into my Cloud9 experience and already facing a major hurdle with something that seems incredibly basic. My confidence is wrecked right now. Can anyone help me understand what is causing this issue and how to get this example chat app to run properly?

Thank you!
Matt

Which tutorial are you following? most likely issue is that underscores and other characters that are not allowed in subdomains, are replaced with -s.
Try clicking preview>preview running application to open the page in preview and see what url it opens.

facing a major hurdle with something that seems incredibly basic. My confidence is wrecked right now.

that’s kind of normal state when doing research or programming, trick to success is to accept that it is normal :).

Wow… I knew it had to be something that simple. My project name does have an underscore in it. Thank you so much! I am going to move on to the next hurdle now lol I am accepting that this will be normal and will try to stay positive (: