Connect to MYSQL with Python

python
mysql

I’m trying to get connect from Python a mysql database in google cloud but somehow Python does not recognize the library mysql.connector . Could someone please help me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks :slight_smile:

Error: ImportError: No module named connector
import mysql.connector

from mysql.connector import (connection);

cnx = connection.MySQLConnection(user='*******', password='********',
                                 host='*.*.*.*',
                                 database='database_name')
cnx.close()

From this Stack Overflow thread:

MYSQL Utilities assumes that the MySQL Connector for Python has been installed. If you install it (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/), MySQL Utilities should run OK.

From that link, make sure to follow install instructions for Ubuntu 16.04 and you should be all set :thumbsup:

Thanks bradydowling for your prompt answer and I’m sorry but I probably was not clear in my quetion

I’m using Python in CLoud9 to try to get connect it to a Google MySQL Second Generation database that is running fine and I’m communicating perfectly though MySql Workbench

When I type import mysql in a pyhton file .py its not recognizing the libraries, I’m also using Python 3 as Runner

I have also downloaded what you sent me but its a .deb file, what am I suppose to do with that?

Thank for your help!

Sounds like you might need to do a little more research to really understand what’s going on here (I don’t to be honest). I’d suggest you start with this topic and then move forward from there.

I’m trying to get connect it to a MySQL Google Cloud database
In this platform impossible for me.
I have already download and install the library through the console but when I try to import the MySQL library Python does not recognize it
import mysql.connector
import mysql
mysql.connector
Python does not recognize MySQL
Could you help me please?

Thanks

Best way to connect to MySQL from python is to Use MySQL Connector/Python because it is official Oracle driver for MySQL for working with Python and it works with both Python 3 and Python 2.

follow the steps mentioned below to connect MySQL

Example:

import mysql.connector
from mysql.connector import Error
try:
   conn = mysql.connector.connect(host='hostname',
                     database='db',
                     user='root',
                     password='passcode')
   if conn.is_connected():
      cursor = conn.cursor()
      cursor.execute("select database();")