Configuring JSBeautify?

Does anyone know how to configure the JS Beautify that C9 uses?

I’m aware that https://www.npmjs.com/package/js-beautify is being used, since the ignore and preserve directives do work, and have tried creating a .jsbeautifyrc in several directories (project root, and one up)

I’m working with React and ES6, so the auto-formatting is proving to be a pain with ES6 bracketed imports re-organising onto new lines. I can see that I need to use the collapse-preserve-inline option for brackets, but no idea how/where to configure this. Only collapse and inline appear under the default options.

Thanks

If you open your preferences window and go to user settings there will be a link to the user.settings file. When you click on it, a json file will be opened. In there, there is a jbeautify section. It has an @advance section that allows you to specify all options you need to customize that are not supported through the normal ui preferences.

Here is the snippet from mine where I am doing exactly what you are referencing…

"format": { "jsbeautify": { "@advanced": { "brace_style": "collapse-preserve-inline" }, "@braces": "collapse", "@indent_inner_html": false, "@jslinthappy": false, "@keeparrayindentation": false, "@preserveempty": true, "@space_before_conditional": true, "@unescape_strings": true } }

That did the trick! Thanks so much, it’s been driving me crazy.

I had the line in there, except named brace-style :open_mouth: