Cloud Debugging For Team

Hi all,

My company is about to expand it’s resources, and due to new rules, we will implement these values;

1. all coding progress must be tracked, we already use SVN in cloudforge.
  2. no script source on any local computer. we would like to put everything to the cloud. c9 might be the answer for this.
  3. each user will be allowed only to edit on which he/she appointed to. if the admin only authorize few file, the he/she can only view that file, the others will remain hidden. when it tested out, it will run as whole project.
  4. the cloud source, must be enable to access MySQL on other server, uploading change files to the designated server.
  5. the ability to work in pair. I’ve seen the demo, it works in c9.
  6. remove the ability for user to download the scripts.

Those few key features, some already answered in C9, others will need to be clarified for us.

Please help us determined if C9 is the right toll for us.

Best Regards.

Hi, so awesome that you are thinking about using C9 in your team. Let me reply:

Supported

2. no script source on any local computer. we would like to put everything to the cloud. c9 might be the answer for this.

Love it

3. each user will be allowed only to edit on which he/she appointed to. if the admin only authorize few file, the he/she can only view that file, the others will remain hidden. when it tested out, it will run as whole project.

Right now you would have to do this through granular repos. So you can setup one repo for one service and only certain people have access to that repo through Cloud9

4. the cloud source, must be enable to access MySQL on other server, uploading change files to the designated server.

Possible

5. the ability to work in pair. I’ve seen the demo, it works in c9.

Yep, this is what makes is so awesome to work in the cloud

6. remove the ability for user to download the scripts.

That is currently not supported. I recommend going the small repo route so that you basically can’t do anything with code of just one service

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Nikolai

few thing i need to clarify:

Supported
    do you host svn as well or do i still need to using my old svn host?

2. each user will be allowed only to edit on which he/she appointed to. if the admin only authorize few file, the he/she can only view that file, the others will remain hidden. when it tested out, it will run as whole project.
    Right now you would have to do this through granular repos. So you can setup one repo for one service and only certain people have access to that repo through Cloud9
    chunk my project so it will be smaller to anyone use it? how come they test the script if he only have few of the scripts? are you suggest they upload the changed script into our deployment server for testing?

3. uploading change files to the designated server.
    Possible
    how ? is there any feature on your services? or you suggest we using rsnyc to sync changed file between server?

4. remove the ability for user to download the scripts.
    That is currently not supported. I recommend going the small repo route so that you basically can’t do anything with code of just one service
    our main concern is to protect our scripts, ability to download is strictly prohibited. do you have any log for anyone download any files? i think this is feature should exists, in which the admin doesn’t want anyone go easily download the files, although you might copy paste it manually (this action should be logged too). just to disable that feature :smile:

we really eager using c9, because it is the only one support debugging feature on cloud coding, please help us learn how to use the best of it.

Best Regards.