Cannot debug in nodejs runtime environment

debug
nodejs
environment

Hello guys,

I am using: “node --version v8.2.1”.

In c9 cannot use the debug mode, because I get the following error message and the process exits:

Important: use process.env.PORT as the port and process.env.IP as the host in your scripts!

(node:25257) [DEP0062] DeprecationWarning: node --debug and node --debug-brk are invalid. Please use node --inspect or node --inspect-brk instead.

Any suggestions how to switch to node --inspect and run the debugger successfully?

Appreciate your replies!

You can change the command used to run node by clicking on “Node.js (default)” and choosing the second to last button. This will bring up the runner configuration, where you can replace --debug with --inspect. Unfortunately, this won’t do anything but remove the deprecation warning. As far as I know, Cloud9 doesn’t support NodeJS v8 debugging yet, so you won’t be able to debug your code.

Hi Danny,

I am having the same issue .

Important: use process.env.PORT as the port and process.env.IP as the host in your scripts!

(node:17486) [DEP0062] DeprecationWarning: node --debug and node --debug-brk are invalid. Please use node --inspect or node --inspect-brk instead.

I am not able to resolve this with your explanation .Can you please explain me properly to resolve this issue.

Appreciate your early replies!