c9 is mixing up accounts

Hello, when I try to log in with my github account tforster I get a popup asking me to specify my email address. I enter troy.forster@gmail.com and it tells me that address is in use. If I login with that same email address and try to link my github account it tells me “Error: Another account is already linked to Github account ‘tforster’”

I considered deleting the account used when I login with my email but I am concerned that the system may not recycle email addresses right away. Is someone able to resolve this? Ideally I would like to be able to sign in with my Github account.

Troy

Try logging in with github then entering any email to get past the prompt, then deleting that account. Then you’ll be able to link github to your existing account that you log into with email + password.

Hi
I met a similar problem. The first time I sign up cloud9 was using bitbucket account. After I logging in I cannot specify the same email address either. I tried to use another email and deleted that account, but the next time I log in, the prompt is still there and asking for my email. Well, using different emails is ok, but kind of weird. How can I fix this?

If you delete that account then login with Bitbucket again you’ll get stuck in the same situation. So you have 2 accounts created with Cloud9:

1. An account using your email
  2. An account using Bitbucket login with no email set (or using alternate email)

You have 2 options:

Delete account 1. Then you’ll be able to login with account 2 and set it’s email to the same one as account 1 used.

OR

Delete account 2. Then log in to account 1 using your email + password. Then attach your bitbucket account to account 1 using the link found on your profile page.

If you don’t remember the password for account 1 please use the “Forgot my password” link on the login page.

Problem solved. Thanks.