Build Apps for Google Cloud Platform

gcp
java

Cloud9 now integrates with Google Cloud Platform for fast and easy deployment of your apps. For more information on this and how to get started, see the full blog post: Build Apps for Google Cloud Platform.

We are excited to announce that as of today, you can easily build apps for Google Cloud Platform on Cloud9! With the new integration, you can quickly create a custom workspace that is connected to your Google App Engine projects and comes pre-installed with all necessary tools and configuration out of the box.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

I am having trouble deploying the demo Java application provided for Google Cloud (provided by xoob).

I was only able to deploy in debug mode, but it does not look like it is working on the Google side. The VM is created, but does not function properly. I can provide errors:

Running mvn gcloud:deploy…
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
We cannot execute /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/bin/java

I am also looking for a way to deploy a WordPress instance. Either by creating from c9, and deploying to Google, or creating in Google, and cloning the instance, and redeploying back to Google.

I need to understand the steps required for integration between c9 and Google. Please help.

When will I be able to deploy php applications to gae? Is there a roadmap? (The editor seems to handle my php project just fine, but doesn’t seem to want to deploy it. I don’t actually need to run the project on cloud9 - just deploy it.)